Consumer Protection

Protect yourself and your property by hiring a licensed landscape architect. Many designers have websites that give examples of work they have designed but consumers may not know the difference between a Landscape Architect, Designer or Landscape Contractor. In order to be called a Landscape Architect or Landscape Contractor, both types of professionals must be licensed by their state licensing agency.

We have provided examples of the difference between the types of professionals that you may be looking for, a consumer brochure to know how to select a professional and have included links to the licensing websites to protect you from unlicensed contractors.

How to Find the Right Professionals

State Licensing Agency Resources

Consumer Complaints and Enforcement Actions

Check with a local ASLA Chapter near you to find a qualified Landscape Architect.
Chapter website links are on our Homepage.

LATC Contact Info

Landscape Architects Technical Committee

2420 Del Paso Road, Suite 105
Sacramento, CA 95834
(916) 575-7230
Fax: (916) 575-7283
Web site:
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Days: Monday–Friday (except state holidays)